Tuesday, May 1, 2012

IDC crowns Samsung the biggest phone maker by shipments for Q1 2012

0 comments

Research firm IDC has reported that world's biggest phone maker Nokia has been defeated by Samsung on the basis of shipments for the first quarter of this year. In the first quarter of this year Samsung shipped 98.3 million mobile phones where as Nokia and Apple could barely manage second and third place.
In the smart phone category Samsung shopped 42.2 million of its Android and Window phone category handsets while Nokia shipped a paltry-by-comparison 11.9 million.
Samsung, Apple and companies outside top five positions made all gains in their smart phone space, while Nokia, RIM and HTC all felt their numbers drop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.