Friday, May 11, 2012

Soon Air-powered cars to launch in India

0 comments

Tata Motors has said that it has tested two cars that can run on compressed air, and that the next step is setting up manufacturing plants to actually build them.

A compressed air car engine works in a similar way to internal combustion engine - fuel forces piston to turn a crankshaft and power the car. The difference is that in a compressed air engine, the pistons are moved by air and not by gasoline.

Researchers in Sweden have experimented with single cylinder engines of this type.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.