Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wikipedia alerts users if you see Ads it's Malware

0 comments

If you are seeing Ads on Wikipedia, Your computer is probably infected with malware, said Wikimedia Foundation. The Wikimedia Foundation also reminds that Wikipedia is donor supported and runs no ads. If you see ads on their pages, you either have malware or the ads are being pushed by your service provider.
They reported that Wikipedia is funded by more than a million users, who give an average donation of less than 30 dollars. We run fund raising appeals usually at the end of the year. If you are seeing advertisements for a for-profit industry or anything, then your web browser has likely been affected with malware.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.