Thursday, June 7, 2012

Edison-Puton Monowheel: Review

0 comments

The annual Cholmondeley Pageant of Power in the UK never fails to deliver something special and this year that exotic ingredient is a 1920 Edison-Puton Monowheel.

The Monowheel was built in 1910 in Paris. The Edison-Puton wheel on the show at Cholmondeley has the frame, rider and a 150cc De Dion engine enclosed by the wheel.

Despite the fact that the vehicle was built in Paris back in 1910, it managed to preserve well for more than a century. And, it would be interesting to know that atleast 40 grand monowheel projects have been underway since 1867.

Usually the Edison-Puton Monowheel can be viewed at the Auto and Technik Museum at Sinsheim, Germany.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.