Saturday, June 16, 2012

Facebook will ask user's phone details to improve security

0 comments

Facebook will ask its more than 900 million users to provide it with their mobile phone numbers, Daily mail reported on Friday.

The move is a part of drive to improve security on Facebook, and comes in the wake of password hacks at other networking sites including Linkedln and eHarmony.

Millions of Facebook users have already seen a link at the top of their desktop news feed requesting them to follow "simple security tips". They are then requested to provide their phone number for secure account recovery. The social network would then send a text message to the user informing that their password has been changed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.