Saturday, June 2, 2012

Google to build new web addresses including '.lol'

0 comments

Google has said it plans to run an array of new top level domains, including '.google', '.youtube' and '.docs' as part of a major expansion of the web's addressing system.

In total Google has made more than 50 applications to Icann, which is the closest organisation to a governing body for the Internet, for new alternatives to ".com" or ".co.uk".

According to The Telegraph, Google had kept its plans secret in an attempt to avoid rival bids until Thursday, when the deadline for applications passed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.