Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Too much internet use my leave kids 'Brain Dead'

0 comments

A Google generation which relies on the internet for everything is in danger of becoming 'Brain Dead', a  leading UK inventor has warned.

Trevor Baylis, who invented the wind-up radio said children are loosing creativity and practical skills because they spend too much time in front of screens.

The 75-year old from Twickenham, south-west London, said he fears that the next generation of investors is being lost, with young people often unable to make anything with their hands, the 'Daily Mail' reported.

He said children could rediscover vital skills if schools use practical toys like Meccano, a model construction system.

"They should use computers as and when, but there are so many people playing with their computers nowadays that spend all their time sitting there with a stomach," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.